- Bataglia et al, Relational inductive biases, deep learning, and graph networks Grand, wise. Sweeping the furls and swarf of conferences into a dense block.
- Stunning. https://royalsocietypublishing.org/doi/10.1098/rsos.160384
- ‘Statistical reliability analysis for a most dangerous occupation: Roman emperor’
- Evans and Grefenstette
- Ali Payani https://arxiv.org/abs/1901.04457 http://www.columbia.edu/~jwp2128/Papers/HoffmanBleiWangPaisley2013.pdf
- Beggars in Spain by Nancy Kress.
- Disco Elysium by Robert Kurvitz.
- Axiomatic by Greg Egan
- How These Things Work
- Odds and Ends
- The Precipice by Toby Ord
- Utilitarism.net by Will MacAskill
Worst book: The Mays XX
Essays and sites
- ‘A World without Pain’. Profile of one of the most important people in the world.
- Simon Beard on Derek Parfit.
- The book reviews of Shriram Krishnamurthi. Both pungent and kind. We seem to have lost the last decade’s worth to the Google+ clysm though.
- Entirely Useless
- Evan Ward
- Gwern on his decade, 2010-2019. Just the best. https://www.thennt.com/ nerri.eu https://sandymaguire.me/
Films / TV
- JoJo Rabbit
Ghost in the Shell
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Superhot VR
- 7 Wonders
- Hotline Miami
- LET THE EVIL OF HIS OWN LIPS COVER HIM by Lingua Ignota
- FLCL by the Pillows
- Xiao Quanzi by
- Plastic Love / Shake That - Mariya Takeuchi / Nate Dogg
- ‘Children of the Omnissiah’ - Guillaume David
- ‘Hare Hare Yukai’ - The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya
- ‘Uninstall’ - Bokurano
- ‘The Streets Of Whiterun’ by Jeremy Soule
- ‘Offworld Trading Company Theme’ by Christopher Tin